American made around 1998. It has an active fender custom humbucker in the bridge unlike the normal deluxe that only has a single coil. Medium jumbo frets.
I love this bass a lot and am the original owner. They still retail for $1,600. But Im hoping to find it a new home
Tags: '98 Fender P-Bass Special USA, 1998 Fender Precision Bass, Fender P Bass Guitar 1977, Fender P Bass Lefty Squire, Fender P-Bass Special "USA", Fender P-Bass-Made in Japan. 80's by The Player
No Comments »
This incredibly diverse and super gorgeous Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass with a hard shell case + upgrades.
This bass gives you the ability to use either or both active & passive pickups to blend tones to your taste. I have found this incredibly useful in the studio when searching for a tone appropriate to the recording. Want strictly a P sound? Got it. Jazz bass tones? Yup. You can even push the active side for a little warm, detailed growl. $1100.00
This model of Deluxe was made from 1998-2002 (this one specifically is a 1998/99). Fender recently removed the humbucker and replaced it with a single jazz bass pickup. I have no idea why they would do such a thing.
For a 15 year old bass, you can expect the normal amount of light scratches and a few small nicks that don’t affect performance. I am not the original owner, and everything appears to still be stock. The bass has been set-up recently
Here Is Some More Juice :
Here’s some specs:
• Montego Black w/ white pickguard
• 22-fret Maple neck w/ Rosewood fretboard
• Vintage Noiseless pickups (Passive P-Style)
• Special-Design stacked “single-pole” Jazz Bass pickups (designed by John Suhr)
• Schaller American Deluxe Tuners
• 3-Band EQ (9V power supply)
• Strings-through/Top-load Bridge
• Dark aluminum Fender “spaghetti” logo and abalone inlaid fingerboards
The upgrades mentioned above include:
• Authentic Fender P-Bass Pickup Cover
• Authentic Fender Jazz Bridge Pickup Cover
• Extra Brown Tortoise-shell Pickguard
• Grey Leather Levy’s Strap
Things of note:
• As you can see in the photo of the back of the headstock, a different tuner appears to have been installed on the D-string and was then reverted back to the original Schaller. The job was done very cleanly.
• One of the buckles on the case was knocked off. This happened before my ownership, so I got no story for you.
The knob functions are:
1) Master Volume (either/both pickups)
2) Pickup Blend (passive P -style +/- active J-humbucker)
3) Bass Boost/Cut (outer ring) + Treble Boost/Cut (inner knob),
4) Mids Frequency Focus
The ONLY reason I’m listing this sick mofo is because I’ve fallen for a Rickenbacker. I have absolutely no problems keeping the bass. I am not interested in trades, unless it’s for a Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003 almost specifically with a fireglo finish (+ some cash from my side).
Tags: '98 Fender P-Bass Special USA, 1976 Fender P Bass Guitar, 1976 Fender Precision Bass Guitar, 1976 Fretless Fender Precision Bass, 1978 Fender P bass, 1987 Fender P-Bass Japan, 1998 Fender Precision Bass, Fender P Bass - Fretless Vintage '76, Fender P-Bass Special "USA" by The Player
No Comments »
Precision Bass Body (Alder) Black Lacquer
Jazz Bass Neck (Maple) Antique Satin
Precision & Jazz Pick-ups (EMG Active)
Badass Bridge and a Hard Shell Case
New Battery, Pick Guard, & Knobs
B A S S T A B S
Play and learn 70 000+ Bass tabs online
These Bass`s are owned by others,And the info is sent to us,Or listed elsewhere.We Simply run free ads, For the purpose of educating our readers as to the many many Types and Styles of Bass Guitars Are Out there.
We currently have the largest database of Bass`s you can find on File. We hope to get every configuration for every brand of bass guitar available.(big challenge)
If You Know of any Bass Guitar worth its mention.Please make us aware, we can catalog it into our database and share with others who would like to see it. Or feel free to add comments to any of our entry`s,Maybe you have one of these Bass`s .
We would love to hear about it
Hackers Please Take Notice We Have Been Hacked
Repeatedly on our site and have had enough,
We have installed exploit software that records every attempt at hacking our site. Sorry it has come to this,
For our Precious members sake we are sorry for any inconvenience this added security measure has caused but so far its working. We are still live but have yet to complete all the damage repair from our last attack.
We are working at improving site conditions constantly. All attempted hack`s i.p. addresses are instantly recorded.
Thanks for your patients admin BBG
The Absolute Best FREE Tab Archive For Bass Players Online
Best Sheet Music Source Online
Down Load Sheet Music For Your Whole Band
Copyright 2015 Best In Bass Guitars.com All Rights Reserved since 2008.