This incredibly diverse and super gorgeous Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass with a hard shell case + upgrades.
This bass gives you the ability to use either or both active & passive pickups to blend tones to your taste. I have found this incredibly useful in the studio when searching for a tone appropriate to the recording. Want strictly a P sound? Got it. Jazz bass tones? Yup. You can even push the active side for a little warm, detailed growl. $1100.00
This model of Deluxe was made from 1998-2002 (this one specifically is a 1998/99). Fender recently removed the humbucker and replaced it with a single jazz bass pickup. I have no idea why they would do such a thing.
For a 15 year old bass, you can expect the normal amount of light scratches and a few small nicks that don’t affect performance. I am not the original owner, and everything appears to still be stock. The bass has been set-up recently
Here Is Some More Juice :
Here’s some specs:
• Montego Black w/ white pickguard
• 22-fret Maple neck w/ Rosewood fretboard
• Vintage Noiseless pickups (Passive P-Style)
• Special-Design stacked “single-pole” Jazz Bass pickups (designed by John Suhr)
• Schaller American Deluxe Tuners
• 3-Band EQ (9V power supply)
• Strings-through/Top-load Bridge
• Dark aluminum Fender “spaghetti” logo and abalone inlaid fingerboards
The upgrades mentioned above include:
• Authentic Fender P-Bass Pickup Cover
• Authentic Fender Jazz Bridge Pickup Cover
• Extra Brown Tortoise-shell Pickguard
• Grey Leather Levy’s Strap
Things of note:
• As you can see in the photo of the back of the headstock, a different tuner appears to have been installed on the D-string and was then reverted back to the original Schaller. The job was done very cleanly.
• One of the buckles on the case was knocked off. This happened before my ownership, so I got no story for you.
The knob functions are:
1) Master Volume (either/both pickups)
2) Pickup Blend (passive P -style +/- active J-humbucker)
3) Bass Boost/Cut (outer ring) + Treble Boost/Cut (inner knob),
4) Mids Frequency Focus
The ONLY reason I’m listing this sick mofo is because I’ve fallen for a Rickenbacker. I have absolutely no problems keeping the bass. I am not interested in trades, unless it’s for a Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003 almost specifically with a fireglo finish (+ some cash from my side).